5,257 families in our parish 648 Masses celebrated in our church each year $61,846 contributed to special collections
17 Baptisms 78 First Communions 69 Confirmations 42 Funerals 9 RCIA candidates
269 Day School students 269 PSR students 184 Liturgical Ministers
600 served by St. Vincent de Paul 2,208 meals provided at Thea Bowman
And that's not all!
There is still so much to be done to keep a parish running: administering the sacraments; providing ministries and programs; tending to the needy, the sick, and the suffering; walking with families in time of joy and sorrow; caring for the buildings and property...and much, much more. Sometimes we can become complacent about why we're here. We need a reminder that we are a community of believers, People Helping People, working and striving to be faithful disciples of Jesus Christ and in the process of, hopefully, becoming saints.
This is why the theme, "People Helping People" is so appropriate for our Offertory Renewal initiative this year. It is united in God's love that we offer our time, talent, and treasure to build up God's kingdom. We do this by:
- Praying for one another and participating in the sacramental life of the Church
- Serving one another, especially the most vulnerable
- Caring for the sick and suffering
- Growing more deeply in the life of faith
- Spreading the good news of Jesus Christ to all
The priests and leaders of the parish cannot do this alone. We need all parishioners of Saint Rita Parish to come together as people helping people, working toward this common goal. Everything we have is a gift from God, so we should give everything back to him generously. This is our faith and love in action.
Saint Rita Parish invites you to prayerfully consider how you can help our parish to thrive in this most critical mission. As a community united in God's love, we can do much more together than apart. All gifts are needed and encouraged, and we are so grateful in advance of your generosity!
Here's how you can fulfill your new Covenant:
1. Sign up for Faith Direct online giving.
2. Use your offering envelope and bring it to Mass each Sunday, or mail it to the Parish Office.
3. Explore tax advantaged charitable gifts such as IRA Distributions, Gifts of Stock, or remembering our parish in your will. Contact Roger Greene at the Parish Office for more information.